Fall Things to do in the Cambridge Area!
Who says you can’t be a tourist in your own city? Sometimes when we live in a city, we forget to explore! Before we enter the most wonderful time of the year and transition into full Christmas mode, we thought we’d share 5 things to do in Cambridge this November!
1. Attend a Saturday Matinee Show at the Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge - Situated in the historic district of Cambridge along the Grand River, the Hamilton Family Theatre is a stunning, state-of-the-art performance centre, perfect for friends and family outings! This November, Elf The Musical is returning to stage from November 20th to December 29! Tickets will be on sale soon. If you haven’t seen a show at this theatre yet, you must!
2. Load up on Donuts from Red Eye Cafe Donuts - For all of the donut connoisseurs out there, stop by Red Eye Cafe Donuts on your way home from work! Their hand-crafted donuts are made fresh every day, with so many flavours to choose from. November means new flavours added to the menu!
3. Take A Walk Through the Grand River Conservation Trails - Cambridge is full of beautiful hiking and biking trails just waiting for you to discover! A favourite is the Cambridge to Paris Rail Trail. This 18km trail follows along Grand River through dense Carolinian forests with stunning river overlooks. It is easy to navigate and leveled, perfect for all ages. From Cambridge, you can access the trail at the Canadian General-Tower Trailhead at 210 Water Street South (Highway 24) just south of Concession Street.
4. Visit the infamous Reids Chocolates, Candy & Nut Shop - Since 1948, Reids Chocolates, Candy and Nut Shop has been making Cambridge sweeter! WIth specialty nuts and delicious handmade chocolates, you’ll definitely want to stop by and stock up on some of their almond clusters and peanut butter bark!
5. Stroll Through Mill Race Park - At the centre of Downtown Cambridge is the beautiful heritage site, Mill Race Park. Admire the stunning architecture while you walk along the Grand River and take in our beautiful city! P.S. The Handmaid’s Tale has filmed a few episodes around Mill Race Park! Who knows, you might see a few celebrities on your next walk!
BONUS: Cambridge Santa Claus Parade - What better way to get into the holiday spirit than the Santa Claus Parade?! Santa is coming to town on November 16th at 6pm! Get your santa hats ready!
This year we are celebrating 150 years of manufacturing leadership — making us one of the country’s oldest companies in the industry. To mark this important milestone, we are organizing a series of events, open houses, and community initiatives throughout the year. Stay in touch with CGT by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram — and be sure to check back for all of our exciting 150th anniversary events here!